The APBX 8 DS loaded enclosure provides the highest performance/ size ratio. For this purpose an 8.5 lt. sealed enclosure with a 4+4 ohm dual voice coil configuration was adopted to exploit the full power of an AP5.9 bit (paralleling voice coils for a 2 ohm load) or with two pairs of AP8.9 bit bridged channels (one bridged pair of channels to each voice coil). The speakers high excursion capability allows the use of the proprietary BASS BOOST of AP bit amplifiers to make use of all the available power for rich and dynamic bass.
- Ultra-low profile (5.16in. / 131mm) box with sealed design perfectly tuned to fully exploit the APS 8 D driver.
- 2S2 (2 Sides/2 Sounds) design provides the ability to choose between Down-Firing mounting to increase the low-frequency extension and Up-Firing install to obtain more punch and definition.
- Levelling feet with velcro inserts included for a secure grip with the carpet while maintaining easy removal.
- SSP (Sub Smart Plug) features both traditional push contacts and a Plug-&-Play terminal block to easily configure the impedance as required and provides a quick release.
- Rounded corners allow easy positioning in the trunk and act as reinforcement to reduce enclosure resonance.
- Special designed cone-dust cap-basket geometry which guarantees a long linear excursion capability (9mm, one-way).
- Massive driver motor assembly, optimized with FEM (Finite Element Modelling) for perfect control under high excursion conditions.
- Water-repellent pressed paper 8in. cone, featuring a profile developed with FEM simulation and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Sturdy metal grid included for a total protection of the subwoofer driver.