The APS 8 D is designed to deliver maximum performance in a sealed enclosure with ultra - compact volumes from 7.5lt to 8.5lt. It features push connectors for ease of wiring and configurations and has been developed with a primary goal: to deliver high output in tight spaces. Output is a matter of excursion; the more air the cone moves, the more output. However reduced mounting depth traditionally has meant low excursion. Prima subwoofers employ a special cone, dust cap, basket geometry which guarantees large excursion of the mobile group, while keeping the mounting depth to a minimum.
- Ultra low profile (3.11in / 79mm) for maximum installation flexibility.
- Designed to deliver maximum performance in a sealed enclosure starting from 7.5lt.
- Special designed cone, dust cap, basket geometry which guarantees a long linear excursion capability (almost 9mm, one way) while keeping the mounting depth to minimum.
- Air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for the central pole vent allowing mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Massive motor assembly optimized with FEM (Finite Element Modelling) for perfect control under high power, high excursion conditions.
- Water repellent pressed paper 8in. cone featuring a profile developed with simulation and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Dual voice coil design.
- Steel mesh grille, hardware and plastic gasket included.