With the aim of providing high acoustical output even when used with lower power, the APS 8 R was designed for use in an 8.5 litres reflex enclosure, with tuning between 30 and 40Hz. The APS 8 R has been specifically developed to be combined with either the AP8.9bit or AP4.9bit / AP4 D. Prima subwoofer components have been developed with a primary goal: to deliver high output in tight spaces. Output is a matter of excursion; the more air the cone moves, the more output. However reduced mounting depth traditionally has meant low excursion.
- Ultra - low profile (3.11 in. / 79 mm) for maximum installation flexibility.
- Designed to deliver maximum performance in a sealed enclosure starting from 7.5 lt.
- Special designed cone - dust cap - basket geometry which guarantees a long linear excursion capability (almost 9 mm, one - way) while keeping the mounting depth to minimum.
- Air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for the central pole vent allowing mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Massive motor assembly optimized with FEM (Finite Element Modelling) for perfect control under high power, high excursion conditions.
- Water - repellent pressed paper 8 in. cone featuring a profile developed with simulation and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Single 4 ohm voice coil design.
- Steel mesh grille, hardware and plastic gasket included.