APK 165 2ohm system features 2 crossovers dedicated to woofer and tweeter and separated, to ease the installation. APCX WF 2ohm crossover shapes AP 6.5 2ohm's frequency response to match it optimally with AP 1 tweeter; it also employs a Low ESR inductor, essential to maximize the power transfer to the 2ohm coil. APCX TW 2ohm tweeter crossover, instead, is provided with the Hi-Contour function, to enhance the high frequencies, designed to achieve the correct timbre balance with rich low frequencies guaranteed by the woofer.
- 2ohm impedance, to fully exploit the 65W power per channel at 2ohm of the AP8.9 bit amplifier.
- 75Hz resonance frequency, to extend the frequency range down to low frequencies up to 50 Hz and increase the SPL in the low range.
- 25mm mobile voice coil to maximize efficiency achieving 95 dB.
- APCX WF 2ohm dedicated woofer crossover with low-loss voice coils to shape the frequency response for optimal match with the tweeter.
- AP1 tweeter with acoustic lens designed to balance the frequency response in the 10kHz-13kHz range to optimize the products acoustic emission where it is affected by the presence of the factory grille
- AP 6.5 2ohm woofer featuring water-repellent treated paper cone, with profile developed with FEM simulation technology and optimized with Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Woofer with reduced mounting depth, providing ease of installation in OEM placements.
- Woofer with TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) surround, featuring the exclusive "Triple Wave" shallow profile, for maximum excursion linearity.
- Woofer with compact basket, protected by abrasion-resistant and scratch-proof coating. Damping epoxy glue provides perfect coupling with the motor system.